Uranus is the fastest of the three outer planets, and it has the most eccentric orbit compared with the rest of the solar system. Its transits have a reputation for being disruptive, shocking, and unpredictable; but also exciting and enlightening. Uranus transits can and often do lead to lifelong changes. In astrology, it helps to know in advance what is coming your way, and it is certainly true for Uranus. The more you know and the better you understand its influence, the less upsetting it probably will be.
Uranus Transits Interpretations and Insights
- Uranus becomes more disruptive when the native resists change. An example is a Uranus transit to the natal ninth house. If you are usually rigid in your philosophical and religious views, Uranus’ revelations may upset you. But if you are open-minded about it, its influence can seem more liberating than destructive.
- Uranus increases the tempo of life where it is active. Things get busy under Uranus. Be careful not to put too much stress on yourself. If there are negative aspects to your natal planets, it may coincide with health problems. Relax.
- Uranus brings temporary excitement. This can be mental, physical or sexual. Because it comes as suddenly as it goes, you shouldn’t expect the electric feelings to last. Most especially in relationships. Also, relationships that begin during a Uranian influence are apt to be unstable.
- Uranus can reveal hidden secrets. This planet has a way of suddenly opening our eyes to things we have never noticed before. You may look at the world differently, or you may discover hidden potential in yourself you never thought you had. Combined with aspects to certain planets – say Neptune or Jupiter – it can be a real “eye-opener.”
- Uranus operates on multiple levels. More materially inclined people tend to manifest its more destructive, or at least grosser, qualities; whereas more spiritually and morally advanced persons can feel its finer qualities. In the highest sense, the Uranian experience can bring about flashes of insight into divinity and truth, like a Zen moment.
- Uranus transits are sudden. As far as houses go, Uranus seems strongest when on or near the cusp of a house, and fades off as the planet moves farther into the house. Observe transits when Uranus goes from direct to retrograde and then back to direct, especially when making close aspect to a natal planet. An event (say a relationship) may seem to go on and off before finally coming to an end as the transit leaves.
Recommended reading: Planets in Transit: Life Cycles for Living by Robert Hand.