Jupiter transits are generally considered favorable. They help you get what you want, whether or not what you want is a good thing. Because Jupiter expands whatever it influences, its transits often signify opportunities for growth in areas that concern us. Do watch out for a tendency toward over-confidence and excess.
Jupiter Transits Meanings and Insights
- Jupiter transits often show windows of opportunity. When positive, they help make it easier for you to get what you want… sometimes, too easily.
- Whatever you want, you are likely to get it. Know what you want and why. For example, it’s easy to impress others when Jupiter crosses your ascendant. You can make lots of useful new contacts when it’s in the tenth house. But ask yourself, is that a kind of attention you really want? Will you still want it after the transit passes?
- Jupiter transits can be over-powered by other major transits. When there are other, stressful transits going on from planets like Saturn, Pluto, etc. Jupiter’s influence may be less effective. However it can help soften the blows of the other trends.
- Jupiter often needs you to take advantage of it for best results. Because one feels good during a Jupiter transit, there is a temptation to do nothing with it and just let things flow. But these periods do not last forever, so it’s important to actively use them.
- Negative transits from Jupiter can have undesirable effects if you aren’t careful. For example, a Jupiter opposition or square to your natal Neptune may cause over-idealism or over-confidence that leads to poor decisions or a deception.
- Events that begin during a Jupiter transit often feel very good. But that doesn’t mean they always will be. For example, you may be able to end a relationship amicably with Jupiter in the seventh house. But a new love under Jupiter sextile Venus isn’t guaranteed a happy ending. You’ll find out when the transit passes.
- Jupiter transits can blind us to reality sometimes. If you feel too good during a transit like this, you may think that nothing can go wrong. You might think everyone is as sincere and honest as you feel at the moment. Later when the jovial influence passes, the truth shows itself. There is nothing wrong with being confident, but don’t let that blind you to the facts.
- Jupiter brings a physical and intellectual boost. It’s not the same as the energy of Mars, which feels raw and violent; it feels expansive, easy and benevolent. You get things done without a feeling of too much pressure or passion. Also, your mind as well as your body is affected. You become more open-minded and tolerant.
- Spiritually minded or idealistic people may feel Jupiter’s higher side more. These are “mystical” or “religious” transits like Jupiter to Neptune or Jupiter in the ninth house or twelfth house. If you are so inclined, these can help you in your studies. Materialistic or mundane persons will also feel these transits, but on a lower level.
- Jupiter expands for better or for worse. It’s easy to put on weight under its influence. So if you are looking to shed off some pounds, beware of its power.
- Jupiter helps lighten your load. Burdened by a temporary grand square in transit? Challenged by a second Saturn return? Jupiter can help it more bearable.
More on Astrology Transits
Recommended reading: Planets in Transit: Life Cycles for Living by Robert Hand.